What information we collect about you on this website
and what we do with it
Dolphin Hellas collects information through www.dolphin-hellas.gr in two ways:
This information is sent securely over the web to our premises and then inserted into our back-office system.
Similar information (at least name(s) and email address(es)) is collected through the email messages you send us.
These data never get out of our office, i.e. they are never shared with any third-party individual or company, apart from whatever information is required for making your reservations, namely your last name, gender and on certain occasions, your nationality.
The collected data is handled and stored according to the "EU General Data Protection Regulation" (https://www.eugdpr.org/): among other practices, only authorized staff from our office has secure access to sensitive data and only to the data absolutely necessary for the completion of their duties.
These directly collected private data that you provide us with are retained indefinitely in our back-office system. At any time, you may ask us to present you with the personal data that we possess and/or ask us to erase them; this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We use your personal data:
- to enable the communication between you and the agent from our office that handles your file.
- in order to maintain a database of our prospects, our clients and the services they may receive.
- once per year we send out a card with wishes for Christmas & the New Year
- two or three times per year we may send you a newsletter and/or offers for trips to Greece.
- through the access logs of our webserver. This is a standard procedure for all webservers. The raw data collected include the date, time, browser and IP of the visit combined with each URL visited. These data are rarely processed and the logs may be saved for historical reasons; in order to get statistics about the use of our website we use instead the services described here below.
data of your visit on our website are gathered through cookies by the following service providers:
- Google Analytics: We are using the standard implementation of this service in order to collect data about the behavior of the visitors on our website (e.g. which pages are more popular, how much time is spent on each page, which paths are more often used, the visitors’ countries etc). All this information is handled by Google and nothing is stored neither on our website nor our premises; furthermore, we are using "IP Anonymization".
There is also a tool you may install in your browser in case you wish to avoid being tracked by Google Analytics: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
- Matomo Analytics: This is a similar web analytics application that is currently running in parallel with Google Analytics, with the major difference that it stores all of its data on our web server. Matomo takes visitors' privacy very seriously and we've set it up in such a way, that it collects no Personally Identifiable Information; even so, you may use at any time the following opt-out tool (works for Matomo only):
It is also important to mention that pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, "follow us on…" buttons). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor had visited the other website.