About this booking engine:
- Our online ticket reservation system does not accept bookings on sailings departing in less than 5 days from today. If you need to travel earlier, please contact us at email@example.com for offline reservations.
- When enquiring about a certain route, you will be selecting ports, not towns or the destination itself, and although in many occasions these coincide, usually the ports have a different name than the city they serve or the island
they are on. In Athens, for example, the port is called Piraeus. There is also service from three other ports, Rafina, Lavrion and Agios Konstantinos (more information can be found in the introductory page on ticketing).
- Some islands are listed with their Greek names. The most prominent example is Santorini, which in the system is listed as Thira.
- It is not possible to make "Round Trip" or "Multi Leg" bookings on different ferry companies; "Round Trip" and "Multi Leg" bookings are possible only on schedules of the same ferry company all the way. If you wish to book 2 or more legs on different ferry companies then please use the "One Way" option.
- Online purchased tickets
- can be collected free of charge from our office in Athens during our office hours
- can be sent to the desired mailing address (by courier service, at an extra cost)
- can be collected at the port prior to ship's departure ("PTA" system - not offered by all ferry companies). You will be provided with a reservation code, with which you will be able to collect your paper ticket at the ferry company's ticket booth at the port of departure the latest 30' prior the ship's departure.
In any case, the system will automatically provide only the applicable options
- No payment takes place on/by the booking engine but only through it: the whole payment procedure (credit card data entry, safety checks, charge) is taking place on the secure servers (3D secure) of Winbank (Piraeus Bank); the booking engine sends the bank page only the amount to be charged and the customer's ID and gets back only the result of the transaction. Upon pressing the "Book now" button (after step 5), you will be temporarily transferred outside our booking engine to this secure page. Please make sure you read carefully the terms of the bank. Upon completion of the online payment, you will be transferred back to our booking engine and get your purchase confirmation.
About Personal Data & Privacy:
Apart from the information that the system requires for the booking and issuance of ferry tickets and which will be printed on your ticket as required by the Greek law and EU Directive 98/41, we will also need the
- Full name for identification purposes upon collection of paper tickets (PTA)
- Mailing address to which paper tickets should be sent (should this option be chosen)
- Email address & cell/mobile phone number in order to communicate to you urgent or other information concerning your tickets reservation (e.g. change in schedules, big delays, change of vessel, or strikes)
- Details of any disability
Dolphin Hellas undertakes to deal with all Client information of a personal nature on a confidential basis, but please take into account that the Supplier may require information to be supplied.
- Dolphin Hellas is a licensed Travel Agent, the holder of License No: 0206E61000110700, issued by the Greek Government. We act either as the Client's disclosed Agent or as the disclosed Agent of the Shipping Company (the Supplier)
and in no circumstance shall be a principal to any contract entered into between the Client and any Supplier. The Client hereby warrants on its own behalf and that of all persons for whom it acts or purports to act, that Dolphin Hellas shall not be liable for any breach of contract or any tortuous liability on the part of such Supplier. Consequently, Dolphin Hellas is not liable for
- Delays in sailing, deviation or modification of the scheduled route. We will do our best to notify you in a timely manner but often changes happen the last minute.
- Death, injury and/or loss of or damage to luggage
- Loss of or damage to cash, jewellery, computers or any other valuables
- The timetables, prices and availability status information presented are entered into the system directly by the ferry companies without our intervention and, therefore, Dolphin Hellas has no responsibility for their accuracy and validity.
- The terms & conditions of carriage are those of the Supplier, and the Client, by purchasing the ticket, expressly accepts these terms.
- The booking engine is proprietary of ForthCrs and has been partially adjusted to Dolphin Hellas ticketing procedures.
- The payment procedure (credit card data entry, safety checks, charge) takes place on the secure servers (3D secure) of Winbank (Piraeus Bank) which means that the terms of the bank apply during this part of the procedure.
- The Conditions are subject to the laws of Greece, disregarding any conflict of law provisions of the laws of Greece, and the Courts at Athens, Greece shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute which cannot be settled
between the parties.
Terms & Conditions of Carriage:
Each carrier has its own Terms & Conditions of Carriage. The following is a summary of the clauses that the vast majority adopts. Nonetheless, these are NOT endorsed by all companies and are NOT the only ones. We strongly recommend you read the Terms of each carrier, as they are presented on their own official websites.
- Fares rules:
- Tickets are strictly personal; they are not transferable and are valid only for the specific accommodation, date and route that they have been issued for.
- The fares include sea passage in selected accommodation and all port charges (for Domestic lines only); meals and beverages are not included.
- Groups, trucks, buses, baggage trailers, boat trailers and unescorted vehicles are subject to special agreements; please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pets travel free of charge. Pets are not allowed in indoor public areas or cabins; some ferries, however, offer special cabins categories in which pets are allowed Pet owners are responsible for feeding and pet hygiene. Pet owners are required to have their pet's valid health papers with them.
- All discounts are not cumulative and only the highest discount is granted at a time, when applicable conditions are met. Passengers entitled to discounted fares are kindly requested to state it at the time of booking and carry with them all the necessary documents during the tickets issuance as well as the check-in procedure. Once the ticket is issued, no refunds are provided for price differences.
- Infants (children under the age of 5) travel
- free of charge on the "Deck" accommodation category on conventional ferries.
A zero price ticket must be ordered. In any other type of accommodation (e.g. cabins) they are entitled to 50% discount (children's fare).
- free of charge in all accommodation categories on High Speed vessels.
- Children (5-10 years old) benefit of a 50% reduction of the total fare, in all accommodation categories, in conventional and High Speed vessels.
- Students: only students from Greek public universities are entitled to students' discount.
- Amendments / Cancellations:
- For every change you make there is an amendment fee of €5.00 if the total cost of your reservation is up to €200.00, and €10.00 if the total cost is over €200.00
- If we have already sent you the tickets, you will have to return them to us to replace them with new ones. The new tickets can either be sent to you by courier or can be collected from our office free of charge during our office hours.
- After ship's departure tickets can neither be cancelled nor reverted to open, and the date of travel cannot be changed.
- If you need to cancel your trip but have not set new dates yet, we can revert your tickets from "fixed date" to "open". "Open" date tickets, however, are valid till the end of the running year, i.e the year on which the tickets were issued, not the year the trip was supposed to take place.
- Tickets already reverted to open may be cancelled with 50% cancellation fees.
- Tickets may be cancelled only through the agency that issued them or directly with the Supplier. Tickets are not cancelled over the phone and the original tickets must be returned to us, in order to be able to process the refund, if applicable.
- In case of ticket loss, a written statement is required. In order to travel, it will be necessary to purchase new tickets. Provided that, by the end of the year, the Shipping Company audit files show that the ticket(s) have not been used, you are eligible either for a refund or a new ticket of equal value. This condition depends on the ferry company.
- If the carrier cancels the trip due to a mechanical breakdown or due to bad weather conditions, the passenger is entitled to a full refund.
- The reservation fee and the delivery expenses are not refundable under any circumstances.
- Embarkation Procedures:
We recommend being at the port at least 30 minutes prior to the designated sailing time. If you take a car with you, you must be at the port at least 1 hour prior to embarkation. All passengers must have either a national ID or a passport, as these will be asked for upon embarkation.
Ferry Companies You Can Book Through This Engine: